Wednesday, August 11, 2004
5:23PM - Recent DDR woes
Okay... I just returned from vacation... boring as usual... BUT I have seen some disturbing things happen recently on DDR machines.
1. double D boobs +Challenge Mode + No bra = black eyes. Yes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Female players WEAR A SPORTS BRA! This way you won't injure yourself/other people with your boobs. BUT if they're tiny or nonexistant, don't worry about it. Yes. I saw something REALLY disturbing on vacation on a DDR Extreme machine. That should explain it.
2. Okay... I've recently noticed something... if you just buy a DDR Extreme machine from Konami or whoever, without upgrading it or anything, it DOES NOT have all of the DDR songs on it. If has all of the Extreme songs, but every other mix is missing songs. Like A LOT of songs. Instead, Konami has been sticking songs from Para Para Paradise and Beatmania. These songs are HORRIBLE! So... if you hop on an Extreme machine that you've never played on before, or know for a fact that it was just purchased brand new, do not be surprised when there are none of your favorite songs to play. Just a word of caution.
Well recently, I've lost my DDR obsession. I still play DDR, but not as much as I used to. I was in an Ordyne (arcade game) obsession, but now I am progressing toward a Klipsch speakers obsession. Yes, I know there is something wrong with me, so don't be surprised when I never update DDRism for like a month at a time, not that I already don't ^^;;;;
But do not fret, fellow DDRism members, I am and always be your prophet/saint/whatever the hell my title is.
Thursday, July 1, 2004
10:44PM - Last post ramblings...
Okay...I finally figured out what that Pump it Up is advertising for.
It's for...Finish Line shoe stores...i believe.
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Just call me Koto. And I'm special because the idea of a DDRism Community was invented by our The Saints/Prophets on a completely irrelevant post I made back in March XD
SPECIAL FEATURE! VIEW DDRISM AS IT WAS BEING CREATED!!!
9:07AM - Pump It Up/Shoe commercial
I hope all of you were fortunate enough to miss the commercial in which Pump It Up is used to plug some brand of shoes. Word of advice: Don't buy products from whatever those shoes' brand name is.
wow...that was random.
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
1:02PM - Hey Im Tyler
I just joined about three days ago, Im 18 and from Tn. I play DDR way too much, and when I'm not, I'm playing MMORPG's or watchin' anime. *thinks of more to say*
Hey I know, whats everyone's favorite song and biggest accomplishment? Come on, everyone likes braggin' heheh.
Favorite Song ~ Cartoon Heroes / Rhythm and Police
Best Accomplishment ~ AA Max 300 (heavy)
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
8:53PM - um... introductions?
I am the grand saint of ddrism mmmmpie101... you can call me Nicole. I'm from Arizona, and I'm 19. I play ddr.
hey guys! i see you haven't posted anything in a while. And since im new i thought it would be cool if all of you introduced yourselves. Oh and anyone here from fla?
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
Saturday, May 8, 2004
11:34AM - ...LiveJournal woes...
Angelfire decided to be stupid, and wouldn't let me hotlink shit to other pages, so I have moved the background to another server that is much more reliable. So far, so good, we are gaining new members slowly but surely.
Wednesday, May 5, 2004
Never fear, for I am here! :DDD
Sunday, April 25, 2004
Friday, April 23, 2004
12:26PM - In need of new members
We are in need of new members! I have no idea how to get new members fast, but we could try constantly posting on arcade_whores or something. I dunno, but we just NEED NEW MEMBERS!
Prophet/Saint Captain Square
Friday, April 16, 2004
1:33PM - HEY!
Ok... guys, it is serioulsy a SIN not to post in this journal... we need to find more members... I will *find* a way... it is your religious qwest to do the same!
Tuesday, April 6, 2004
5:15PM - Muahaha.
This is brilliant. Bloody brilliant. That is all.
Monday, April 5, 2004
The 20 DDR Commandments
General DDR Commandments
(1) DDR is thy game; thou shalt have no other games before it.
(2) Thou shalt not play cheap spinoffs of DDR, or create for thyself any likeness. (Thou shalt, however, feel free to make edits in Edit Mode on the home console versions.)
(3) Thou shalt not take the name of DDR in vain.
(4) Remember Bemani, to keep it holy.
Behavior of Players and Other General Behavior
(5) Honor those who are more skilled than thyself, for one day thou mayest end up playing with them.
(6) Thou shalt not kill newbies, for they know not what they do, and one day they mayest end up playing with you.
(7) Thou mayest think dirty thoughts of the opposite sex while they play, as long as thou dost keep it to thyself.
(8) Thou shalt not steal thy fellow players' tokens or coins.
(9) Thou shalt not bear false witness about getting a AAA or other accomplishment, nor bear false witness against thy fellow player.
(10) Thou shalt not covet thy fellow player's DDR games; nor thy fellow player's boy- or girlfriend; nor thy fellow player's water; nor thy fellow player's AAAs, nor anything else that is thy fellow player's.
(11) Thou shalt not step on the center panel, lest thou shalt be ridiculed by thy superiors.
(12) Thou shalt not damage the machine in anger or perform moves of any kind which damage the machine, lest thou shalt be smitten.
(13) Thou shalt not utilize the bar for any purpose other than to play the game. Onlookers and passers by shall not touch the bar.
(14) Thou shalt not walk off the pad until either all songs are cleared or thou hast failed thy song. Effectively, thou shalt not leave the pad until thy game is over.
(15) Thou shalt respect coin and token lines.
Audience and Nonplayer Behavior
(16) Thou shalt not shadow (pretend to play) without permission.
(17) Thou shalt not utilize the second pad in any way without the player's perimission. Thou shalt moreover not step on any part of the pad while a player is playing in Doubles Mode.
(18) Thou shalt not step on a player's arrows, especially so if the player is playing Heavy or Oni. If thou dost, thy feet shall most likely be trampled upon in the player's attempt to hit their own arrow. This shall not be the fault of the player, for it is, after all, their arrow, and thus their job to hit it.
(19) Thou shalt not walk between the player and the screen at any time, or otherwise purposely and knowingly distract the player. To do so is to invoke the wrath of the player.
(20) Thou shalt not attempt to hold a conversation with a DDR player while they are playing. Thou shalt wait until between songs or after a game to talk. However, thou mayest cheer upon the DDR player for playing well, as well as applaud.
Yoinked from www.ddrfreak.com a long time ago... but there they are... the holy comandments...
Saturday, April 3, 2004
There's gonna be a DDR Extreme 2 coming out soon, look for it on ddrfreak.com.
Some issues need to be addressed:
10 DDR commandments
Bemani Bible, covering all DDR's, and their crappy look alikes i.e. Pump It Up
Is everyone okay with StepMania being our simulator of choice?
10:20PM - Thank you's...
A BIG thank you to animewallpapers.com, and Xian Helstings for the EXCELLENT wallpaper used for the background of this LiveJournal.